Monday, April 15, 2013

Solo Week 16


Selamat Siang semuanya!

I hope you all had a great week. Mine was pretty normal, other than watching conference on Saturday and Sunday. We have still been doing great with our few investigators, and I am getting closer and closer to the members. In a way I dread the day that I move from Solo. It will be a great experience to learn a new city, but I hope I stay here for at least another two months! It has been very hot lately, and I do not think I will ever get used to it! Here are a few cool things that happened this past week.


The new Elders that came to Solo are Elder Watson and Elder Lopis. They are both really great Missionaries, and I have had a good time getting to know them. Elder Lopis is in my house, and it was really funny how he came to our house via Becak from the church. I am not sure how he sat on it, along with all his luggage! He is happy to be in Solo, and he will do great here.

My companion and I usually try to go to a member's house each week and get to know them a little better. This has been a great thing to do, and we have really built relationships with the many members of the ward. This past week we visited Sister Budi, who fed us a great deal of food, and told us some funny stories. She was very kind to us, and offered for us to come back again. I think building trust in the ward where a Missionary serves is really important. Without their work and help, we could not do as much as we would like.

Just like last week, the Bishop's family took us out to eat again! This time we went to Pizza Hut. This may not sound that nice over there in America, but here it is one of the classiest restaurants in town. I felt just like I was back at home, eating pizza and drinking soda. I am so happy that the Bishop's family spoils us so much!


I know everyone reading this really liked conference. I was so grateful that I was able to watch it in English because of the help from the Mission couples. On Saturday we were able to watch it on a big screen with a projector, and on Sunday we watched it on a computer. Two of my favorite talks were from Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson. I really applied Elder Christofferson's talk to our work as Missionaries. We help other feel the great redeeming sacrifice of Jesus Christ by repenting and coming to him. This really made me enthusiastic to get working hard here in Indonesia. The General Authorities are such amazing men, and I feel blessed to have their influence in the world.

The Paragon Mall
I am sorry this is so short. The internet cafe we are at is not the regular one, and it is really slow. I am having a hard time typing on this sticky keyboard, and I am sweating like crazy. But I will email again next week, and I hope it will be much better! I would encourage all of you to read all the General Conference addresses in order to understand and ponder them more effectively. I know everything they said is true, and can help us all in this crazy world. Thank you all for your support!

-Elder James

No comments:

Post a Comment