Monday, September 9, 2013

Yogyakarta Week 3


Hello Again!

Another week has passed here in Yogyakarta, and I like this city more and more! There really is so much to do here, and the work is progressing. I like all the Missionaries here, and we do some fun things while working hard. I am so happy when we are busy, and we have done our best to keep it that way!


We have a few investigators who are doing pretty well. The problem is that we have a hard time meeting with some. They often do not come to the appointments, and we wait for a long time. But I really want to start focusing on finding new investigators, and we have been biking around many areas looking for people to teach.


In one of those areas, I met my worse fear... SPIDERS!!! I looked up, and there were webs everywhere, with huge spiders everywhere I looked. It was the most I have seen naturally. I took a few pictures, and then biked out of there pretty quick. I have gotten over my fear for the most part, but sometimes those things really freak me out!

The Sisters here have been so nice to us. They help so much with finding the homes of members and other people. I really think it would be so much harder if we did not have their help. We often eat together, and discuss the progress here.


One funny thing that happened this week was what I did to my hair. I got it cut at a normal place, but when I got home, I realized they did not cut nearly enough off. I wanted to trim some of it, so I grabbed scissors and began cutting. The front honestly looked fine, but I realized the back would be unbalanced if I did not cut it too. So I started cutting, thinking it looked fine. My companion laughed when he saw me, and took a picture. I realized I have no talent whatsoever at cutting hair. I will not do that again!


The Zone Leaders came here on Sunday night and stayed over since they were flying to Jakarta the next day through Yogyakarta. We took them out to eat at a members house, but we only had two bikes. I should have taken a picture to help explain what we did. But Elder Watson rode with me, and the other two Elders rode together. It was super difficult, painful, and entertaining for others to watch. It was a lot of fun to have them over.


For P-day today, we learned how to make Soto from the uncle of my companion. He is a member, and has a cool place that serves the traditional food, Soto. We helped him make some, and then ate together. It was really good because it was fresh. I don't know if I can find all the ingredients at home, but I do know how to make it now!
My companion and I getting some root beers and 
relaxing after much biking. 
Well, there are a few cool things that happened this week. I really miss you all, and I will talk to you next week!

-Elder James

These are called 'cabe' and they are really spicy peppers here.
The red ones are super spicy! When I first came, I could barely eat the green ones.
Now I can eat them like crazy. I ate thirteen yesterday in a competition with Elder Watson. 

Elder Kusumarmanto and I sitting at Sister Siska's restaurant.
We teach her son there, and she always gives us a lot of food. 









No comments:

Post a Comment