Monday, May 12, 2014

Bandung Week 10

Happy Mother's day!

To start off, I am happy to announce that I was able to speak with my family through Skype on Mother’s Day. It was so nice to see everyone, and talk about their lives and my service here. It is crazy to think that the next time I talk directly to them will be when I am already home. This Mission has gone by so fast, and I know it will continue to do so. Before I know it, I will be home. I hope I will be able to do all the things that God desires of me in my last few months here in Indonesia. Unfortunately, my camera has been having problems, and it is being serviced now. So there are no pictures from this past week. But there are a few interesting events that happened.

Elder H. is feeling a lot better now, and after some help from President Donald and others, he has been able to work like normal again. He and Elder Loudon have had a lot of success recently, especially in comparison to the situation when they first arrived. I am very happy with how much they help this city progress as far as the work goes.

We were able to find a few new investigators this week, and they are both really good. One was a contact of mine a long time ago that was always too busy to meet. He then suddenly sent us a text message, wanting to meet at the church. We met him there, and he apologized that he could not come to our previous appointments. We taught him the first lesson, and he accepted everything we had to say. Before we even asked him if he would be baptized, he asked us that very question. We will be helping him prepare to be baptized sometime in June if he continues to progress.

With the work getting better in this city, it really helps the morale of us Missionaries. We are much more confidant in finding people, even though there is a good amount of things that sometimes prevent us from working hard. But we have really had a good time here, and we will continue to work hard.

Sorry this is short, but our time was cut because of the Mother's day call. Thank you all for all the support, and I will see you later!


-Elder James

No comments:

Post a Comment