Monday, July 29, 2013

Bekasi Week 11


Me with brother Lesmana
Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry that this is going to be short. We don't have a ton of time, and on top of that, this computer lost it's connection for a long time. But this week only has a few unique things, so that is okay! I hope you all had a good past week, and I hope that you know how much I miss you guys!

One funny thing that happened was that our AC broke a few days ago. It had a strange smell coming from it, and we knew something was wrong. The repairman that the Missionaries usually use is out of town, so we have been trying to call others to fix it. Sleeping at night is so hard! The mosquitoes are terrible, and the heat is crazy! We have so many fans inside the room, but it does not do very much. The guy will hopefully come to fix it tomorrow. I have been using the mosquito net that I brought though, so that helps a ton. 

On Saturday, we went to Jakarta for a Stake Priesthood meeting. One of the main topics that was discussed was how the Priesthood blesses families. I thought about my own experience with my family, and how much the Priesthood has blessed us. It really was a great meeting. I translated for a new member from England, who is becoming an English teacher here in Jakarta. It was nice to talk to him and meet his wife. I am so grateful for the Priesthood.

On Sunday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about the Priesthood as well. It seems that that is a common topic right now discussed in the Church. My talk went well, and there were a few investigators there, so I hope they felt the spirit. I also was able to get the package on Sunday, which I am very grateful for. Thank you to all who put the package together! I will be able to send some really good pictures soon, and I really like the new camera. 

Sorry once again that this is short. I look forward to talking to all of you next week! Thanks for everything.

-Elder James

A great name for a store-although they sold women's shoes!

Elder Mongan riding in an ascot
A really cool bridge that we walked over




No comments:

Post a Comment