Monday, July 8, 2013

Bekasi Week 8

Walking in traffic

Hello Everyone!

I am once again so sorry that this will be short. I only have about fifteen minutes to write this before we have to leave. But I will do my best to explain how our week went. To all my friends and family in Utah, the heat wave you are experiencing is such big news that it entered the newspapers here as well! I hope you are all handling the heat well! The humidity here makes things hotter, but it is still not as hot in terms of degrees! Here are a few experiences of the week.

One member family we visited this week was the Nggiku family. Their son is on a Mission right now in Bandung, and we had a great time visiting with them. Their house was very cool, with a little cabana built on top of a lake full of fish. We ate there, and it was really nice. We also gave a lesson on the temple, and it went really well. 


For Fourth of July, the four of us Missionaries went to Burger King and celebrated Independence day with Whoppers. It was a pretty good meal, and it tasted amazing. 


It reminded me a lot of America, which made me a little sad, but I know I am supposed to be here! After that, it started raining a ton, but we continued on with the day. That was the best way we could celebrate! I wanted to buy some fireworks, but we are not allowed for obvious reasons. I hope everyone else had a great celebration! 


On Saturday night, we were invited to an event celebrating a military general from Manado. 



We got there around six at night, but it was all the way in Jakarta, so it took a long time to get there. The event was cool, but they kept talking about politics, and the food was just sitting there. We waited until nine at night, but they did not start eating, so we had to go home. It was pretty sad not to eat all the good food that they had, but we still had a good time visiting with members.

Sorry that is all that I can give for this week! My time is up! But I am so grateful for modern technology, where we can communicate like this. It truly is a blessing! I hope you all know how much God loves us, and how we can all give back to him by serving others and following his son, Jesus Christ. It really is so simple. Thank you for all your support! Sampai minggu dapan!

-Elder James

Walking just outside our house

District Meeting

A guy making drinks out of sugar cane

A birthday party for a young member of our ward-we ate lots of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment