Monday, February 3, 2014

Yogyakarta Week 24


Mangga dari Yogyakarta!

This past week has been very busy. It went pretty slow to be honest, but we got a ton done, and had some really cool experiences. I will for sure be moving pretty soon, I just do not know where yet. One thing is for sure--I will miss this city! Here are a few cool things that happened this week:


We had our regular monthly Zone Training Meeting, where all the Missionaries from the Zone gather. It was held in Jogja this month, and it was so good to see everyone. We had a good, effective meeting, and made some great goals. 


Afterwards, we had a Zone activity since President gave us approval to do so. We went to McDonald's to eat, and then to the local Zoo here. It was a lot of fun! 

Our investigator, Mas Bimo, still wants to be baptized and he came to church yesterday. Because of this, we are going to try and baptize him on the 9th of February. He has already received all the lessons, and has a strong desire to serve a Mission. We are doing our best to help him, and I really think he has a lot of potential in this Church. 


I was also able to baptize Gina, the Sisters’ (Allred and Hasibuan) investigator. She is a great girl, and received permission from her parents to get baptized. The whole story is amazing, but I do not have time to write it all! It was a pleasure to get to know her.


For P-day today, we went to Prambanan, a Hindu temple here in Jogja. Everyone besides Sister Believe and Sister Sperry came, since they had appointments. It was really hot outside, and rained a little bit, but we all had a lot of fun. It was a lot better than what I expected!

Sorry this is short, but we have to get going to an appointment. Thank you for all your support! 


-Elder James

My companion and I with Yonatan after church
Sister Maria, who we visit almost every week is the best cook! 
Elder Waltman and I on our way back to Prambanan a Hindu temple here in Jogja

Elder Sadiyono and I at one of the many temple ruins at Prambanan
An all-you-can eat sushi place we ate at - it was nice!
After ZTM with the missionaries
Elder Honda, myself and Elder Canfield on top of an elephant!   
Two of the sisters and us visiting a member.
It was a one-hour bike ride, but it was so nice to meet with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment