Monday, November 11, 2013

Yogyakarta Week 12


Hello Everyone!

I hope you enjoy the many pictures I was able to send this past week. I sure did take a lot! We had many fun and interesting things happen, and I have gotten a lot better at taking more pictures of those things. Although we have not had too much success as far as Missionary work goes, we are still trying our best to invite as many people as possible to come unto Christ. My companion and I are getting along great, and we are having a blast here! Here are a few cool events that happened this past week.

Last Monday was actually a regular working day, since our P-day was moved to Tuesday. So we emailed in the morning, and then went to work. We went to Klaten again with the Sisters, trying to teach a few investigators that were supposed to meet us. They were not there, which was a little disappointing after a two hour trip there, but we met with the Winoto family, and had a good time talking to them.


For P-day, we decided to go to the beach just like we did a few months ago. I rented a car from a man in my neighborhood, and a driver as well. He took our entire District, including the two Elders from Magelang there and back. The beaches were pretty crowded, because it was a holiday. 


We went to three different ones, and had a great time. It was super hot, and I got sun burnt again, but it was well worth it. The water was so nice, I was tempted so much to take a swim! As usual, many people wanted pictures with us, which has become quite normal for me. We came home in the evening, and were all really tired. It was a blast.


My companion and I have been doing great together. He is so happy to be out here, and I have learned so much from him. Since we now have AC, we try to do as much as we can in that room. Every Thursday, we do a weekly planning session, and we always do it in our beds, with the AC on full. I can not describe how happy I am to have that AC. We also have been able to continue teaching many people, even though they all have a hard time acting on what they know.


On one day, we received an SMS from a member, asking us to go with her and visit a non-active member. We said we would be happy to do so, and we followed her directions to the place. It turned out to be super far away, and it took us about an hour and a half to bike there in the heat. I could not believe how far away it was. But when we got to the area it was in, it was really pretty. We met with them, and they were very kind to us. We will meet with them as much as possible, and get a work out at the same time!


One funny thing we saw was a crazy guy that just chilled in front of the church. He was making his own cigarettes, and he scared the Sisters pretty bad. I talked to him, and he did not seem like a threat at all. He was just funny. He took a nap, and then took a Book of Mormon from the Sister's bike and started to read it. There are all kinds of people in this world!


The raining season has been picking up, and the other day I was caught in it while riding my bike. It was insane! But today, as I heard about the storm in the Philippines, I know it is not nearly as bad here. I hope everything will be okay for all the people over there.

I hope you all have a good week this week, and remember how much Christ loves each and every one of us. His love is unconditional, and he will always be there to help. I love you all, and will talk to you next week!

-Elder James
























No comments:

Post a Comment